As you can see from this blog title, starting February 2020, Dynamics 365 for Talent will no longer be available for purchase. However, Dynamics 365 Human Resources will be released. Microsoft states that this name change reflects their commitment to helping HR professionals create data-driven programs that improve the employee experience. Dynamics 365 Human Resources can transform employee experiences, optimize HR programs, improve organizational agility, and enable workforce insights. These four capabilities empower companies to build a more successful workforce, as I will explain below.
1. Transforming Employee Experiences
– The first area where Dynamics 365 Human Resources can assist companies is truly transforming all interactions with staff.
– This platform empowers managers with team performance data and assists in optimizing team impact.
– Leadership can connect with employees and address any immediate concerns or important messages.
– Employees can reach out to fellow coworkers through rich profiles that include career accomplishments, skills, certifications, and interests.
– Training can be completed by new hires and management can track their progress.
2. Optimizing HR Programs
– All Human Resources efforts can be combined within one platform.
– Leave and absence reporting, including global regulations such as FMLA and ADA, can be simplified for leadership.
– Compensation programs can be defined based on guidelines and easily adjusted individually or in mass to automate company-wide rollouts.
– Companies can redefine benefits administration with flexible, configurable self-service enrollment tools that allow for benefit groups, hierarchies, flexible credits, and auto-enrollment.
– Payroll, budgets, and tax filings can be delivered by integrated payroll providers.
– Employers can find and engage the right candidates by adding LinkedIn Talent Solutions to manage their end-to-end recruiting experience.
3. Improving Organizational Agility
– Organizational complexity is reduced due to administration that accurately reflects organization structures, hierarchies, and job descriptions.
– Productivity and efficiency will be improved through automated processes, workflows, and task management.
– Business performance will increase due to security, privacy, and compliance delivered by human capital management build on Microsoft Azure.
– A customizable interface allows management to personalize the company’s solution. Admin can add or hide fields, change the layout, and share with others.
– The addition of the Microsoft Power Platform allows for further customization regardless of technical expertise.
4. Enabling Workforce Insights
– Workforce planning can be improved through Power BI by helping HR bring together, analyze, and visualize all data from any device.
– Leadership can make decisions confidently by utilizing embedded analytics that track and analyze HR programs.
– The Common Data Service centralizes data and integrates Dynamics 365 Human Resources with existing systems and partner applications.
– A collaborative work environment can be achieved by capturing employee sentiment using survey insights from Microsoft Forms Pro.
As Microsoft focuses on improving its efforts for Dynamics 365 Human Resources, they will be transitioning away from Talent. Don’t worry though, Dynamics 365 for Talent’s Attract and Onboard services will be available until February 2022. Microsoft will also be strengthening its relationship with LinkedIn through the LinkedIn Talent Hub. The hub is a new Applicant Tracking System that lets managers source and hire employees all in one place. Stay tuned for more updates coming in the new year!
Genna is a Partner Content Creator with a creative eye and strong attention to detail. Genna has a business-related bachelor's degree from the University of Central Florida and a total of four years of experience in Marketing. Her daily responsibilities include content creation across all Social Media platforms, blog publishing, and studying engagement analytics. Genna is drawn to Social Media because she loves helping businesses grow and truly believes that Digital Marketing is the new Sales.