Welcome back readers to ‘Meet DCG’! We hope you are enjoying getting to know our company and who is working behind the computers.
This month, we present to you our solution architect, Brandon Hilton. Brandon enjoys spending time with his family, working around the church, helping others, and figuring out new gadgets. Curious to know where his favorite place to travel is? Keep reading!
Guide us through your career journey: How did you end up here?
- My journey began from the time I was 14 years old when I began working in the concrete industry. I stayed in the concrete industry until I turned 30, then I realized I needed a change of pace. So, I decided to reach out to DCG to see if there was even a possibility of me working here. Things worked out much to my amazement and I have been working here for a little over 3.5 years and loving it; the people, the environment and the company.
What motivates you in your career?
- The thing that motivates me most is the opportunities that I am presented with to determine a solution. I love the fact that for the most part, almost every day I get to learn new ways of accomplishing different aspects of technology.
What is your favorite Microsoft product that we offer and why?
- My favorite Microsoft product is Dynamics 365. It is a very robust tool that I believe any one company could utilize in one, or many ways.
What technology invention made the most impact on your life?
- The technology invention that has made the most impact in my life is the smartphone. In many ways, as many can relate, the smartphone has taken over several things: my calendar, to-do list, etc.
What job would you be terrible at?
- A job I would be terrible at is Sales.
What are some of your goals for 2019?
- A big goal for me this year is to help at least 25 people overcome some type of hurt, hang up, or habit in their lives.
Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
- My biggest inspiration is my father-in-law. He has been my greatest inspiration and has been instrumental in many different aspects of my life. He has accomplished many things for God, and I strive to be able to accomplish similar thing while continuing to help others.
What is your most used emoji?
What are some of your pet peeves?
- My biggest pet peeve is organization! I love to be organized in pretty much all areas of my life. Also, when the cabinet doors are left open.
If you won a million dollars, how would you spend it?
- Is that something that we are doing? 😀 I would honestly save a good portion, but the other would go to certain charities.
What are 3 things left on your bucket list?
- Three things still left on my bucket list are: skydiving, being able to travel to every country, and go big game hunting.
What’s a secret talent that no one knows about you?
- A secret talent that everyone now knows about me is that I can fix my own vehicles. (It’s cheaper that way.)
If you could write your own book, what would the title be and why?
- The title of the book would be, “Winning is to Continue.” The reason I would write this book is because throughout my life (personally and from a distance), I have seen too many fail when they were so close to seeing the completion of the work they had been applying themselves to. I have learned over and over that the only time you are a failure is when you quit. If you never quit, you can win and accomplish whatever it is that you are working towards.
What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given
- The best advice I was given is, “Never give up, and the word “can’t” does not exist in my life.”
What is your most interesting/embarrassing office story?
- The most interesting/ embarrassing office story I have is. one day I came all the way to the office, sat down at my desk and realized that I had left my computer back at my house. The next realization is that I had to drive 1 hour one way to go get it. The thing is, I remembered the computer charger originally!
If you could meet one person, living or dead, who would it be?
- One person I wish I could meet is, The Apostle Peter.
Would you rather be invisible or be able to read minds?
- Honestly, I would choose neither.
What did you want to be when you were little?
- When I was younger, I wanted to be a fireman.
If you could only take one physical item with you on a deserted island, what it would be?
- One physical item would have to be some type of protection. Most likely a gun.
Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
- Currently, my favorite place to travel is Clearwater, Florida. I just love the atmosphere and it’s not too far from the Gulf.
If you could pick up a new skill in an instant what would it be?
- If I could pick a new skill, I would pick robotics. I think the overall concept of it is interesting.
What is your biggest phobia? Would you ever break it?
- My greatest phobia is running into snakes in unexpected places. (This comes from having snakes in the home as a child). I guess I already broke it, but it is still a great phobia of mine.
What would a ‘perfect’ day look like for you?
- A perfect day for me would be 72-75 degrees with a small breeze and sunshine. I would take time away from everything and spend that time with my family doing whatever.
What is your favorite activity to do locally and why?
- Locally, I like to do Escape Rooms with those that I love. Also, new found fun is axe throwing! If you have not done it yet, I highly recommend it.
If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would the slogan be?
- My life slogan would be, never give up! If you don’t do great at what you are working towards, step back, re-evaluate and try again; putting all your trust in God!
See you next month for our fifth installment of MEET DCG, the techies behind the computers.
Laura is a Partner Content Creator with a unique perspective and eye for creativity. She started with DCG in 2017 and has a total of 2 years of marketing experience. Some of her daily responsibilities include building webpages, producing and editing videos, engaging with other partners on social media, and publishing blogs. She loves using her skills and creativity to build company value while producing attention-grabbing content to share online.