Welcome back readers to ‘Meet DCG’! We hope you are enjoying getting to know our company and who is working behind computers.
This month, we present to you our Chief Technical Officer, Tyler Domerese. Tyler is based out of our Chico, California office. He enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and learning about the new features within the products we use. You’ll never guess his secret talent.
Guide us through your career journey: How did you end up here?
- I started working in the consulting world when I was 17. Dustin (CEO of DCG) hired me to work with him out of his parents‘ home. I spent the next year learning to develop and customize Dynamics CRM 4.0. Eventually we joined forces once more, along with Kevan, working remotely as part of a small CRM practice out of Lincoln, Nebraska. I began working with CRM 2011 and eventually CRM Online. After about a year we merged with a firm out of Fargo, North Dakota. Dustin and Kevan eventually left over the next year and formed Dynamic Consultants Group. I joined up with both of them 2 months later. Now here we are.
What influenced your decision to become part of DCG?
- Well, I knew a guy…
What is your favorite Microsoft product that we offer and why?
- My favorite product is Azure. It’s like a gigantic cruise ship with a rocket engine. There are so many different offerings to choose from and I love how Office 365 and Dynamics 365 are directly tied into Azure.
If you were a Microsoft Office product, what would it be and why?
- I would be Microsoft Excel. I love crunching numbers and having the ability to crunch those numbers in my head without a calculator would be awesome!
What are some of your goals for 2019?
- My goals for 2019 are to continue increasing my knowledge of the Azure stack and object-oriented programming.
What is your most used emoji?
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
Who is your biggest inspiration?
- My biggest inspiration is my Wife. Not only is she my rock and the love of my life but she is my hero. She motivates and inspires me like no other!
What job would you be terrible at?
- I would terrible at waste Management (A Trash Man). I’m bad enough with making sure that my own trash can gets to the curb on time.
If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- I would choose to be a Pterosaur. I would love the ability to fly and still be a carnivore.
If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
- I would keep Google Podcasts, Twitter and Disneyland.
What technology innovation made the most impact on your life?
- The technology that made the most impact was virtual machines. Being the tech industry, everything is constantly evolving, and you must keep up.
What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- Once, I was in the passenger seat as my cousin drove 150 mph down a busy freeway north of Kansas City. Definitely was not the best decision of my life.
What is your most interesting/embarrassing office story?
- Kevan (CFO at DCG) and I were both on-site with a client when I looked in the mirror and noticed that the entire back of my pants were ripped. I spent the rest of the day carefully navigating around the office with my back to the wall. To this day I have no idea how or when it happened so I’m positive that others saw it before I did.
Who would you most like to swap places with for a day?
- I would 100% be Tyler Toney from Dude Perfect. Turning trick shot videos into a multi-million-dollar day job is pure genius.
If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
- If I could visit anywhere it would be Italy.
What are some of your pet peeves?
- My biggest pet peeves that really bother me are spelling and grammar, even though I’m not that great at it myself.
If you won a million dollars, how would you spend it?
- If I won a million dollars, I would invest it all. BUT since that wasn’t the question, I’d buy a Ford Raptor, Tesla Roadster and a lot of guns.
What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
- It would be overusing my Google Home speaker. My favorite commands are” Broadcast: It’s time to leave”, “Disney Princess read-along” and “Let’s play Mickey Mouse Adventure”.
Do you have any strange phobias?
- My strange phobias would be bats and taxes. Both very scary.
What are 3 things still left on your bucket list?
- The 3 things left on bucket list are, traveling to Europe, Franklin BBQ and riding in a Hyperloop.
How do you wind down after work?
- I like to make an iced white mocha, binge watch YouTube videos and play with my little girl.
What’s a secret talent that no one knows about you?
- Well, I can put on a killer magic show (not)! Call me a nerd but magic has always intrigued me.
See you next month for our fourth installment of MEET DCG, the techies behind the computers.
Laura is a Partner Content Creator with a unique perspective and eye for creativity. She started with DCG in 2017 and has a total of 2 years of marketing experience. Some of her daily responsibilities include building webpages, producing and editing videos, engaging with other partners on social media, and publishing blogs. She loves using her skills and creativity to build company value while producing attention-grabbing content to share online.