Welcome back readers to ‘Meet DCG’! This is our NINTH installment of the series. We hope you are continuing to enjoy getting to know those that play a big role in DCG behind the scenes.
Alex is one of our consultants here and his sarcasm is top of the line. Alex enjoys playing video games, recreational sports, and reading. A fun fact about him is he is a part of the 10% of the world that is left-handed. Did we intrigue you to learn more? We hope so, so keep reading to learn how Alex would test an elevator.
Guide us through your career journey: How did you end up here?
- After college graduation, I was job searching and became the first hire. However, that position ended up as a disappointment. I went through a few obstacles, but after I received my first paycheck (wooo), I gradually started to dislike my job. After working there for 2.5 years, I began looking and then I found DCG to be the right fit for me and I truly enjoy coming to work every day.
What motivates you in your career?
- What really motivates me is being able to come into work and saying things such as, “Man do I love my car” and “Gosh isn’t having health insurance pretty neat!” Then finally, “Wooo does it feel amazing to have a place to call home.”
What is your favorite Microsoft product that we offer and why?
- Well, for a little extra, there is a secret menu at DCG where your consultant can start every meeting with a fun pun or joke. All you have to do is call your consultant and ask for a number 13. They’ll know what you mean.
What influenced your decision to become part of DCG?
- The biggest influence in my decision to become a part of DCG is the atmosphere. It is professional yet laid back, and the people I work with are a perfect blend of normal with a bunch of nerdery sprinkled on top.
What technology invention made the most impact on your life?
- My cellphone is the best and worst technology that I have ever owned. It helps me keep in contact with both my family and the pizza delivery guy.
What advice would you give to our readers if they are unsure about switching to Microsoft Dynamics 365?
- If used properly, Microsoft Dynamics 365 will help any business with both their day-to-day operations and their selling capabilities.
What are some of your pet peeves?
- Some of my pet peeves are, I hate the word “y’all” with a burning passion. Also, the #type #of #people #who #have #to #hashtag #literally #every #word. That is all that comes to mind now.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- There are two types of people in this world:
- Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
What character from Game of Thrones do you most identify with and why?
- The character from GOT that I most identify with is Tyrion Lannister – he drinks and thinks he’s the smartest person in the world.
If you could time travel, which period of time would you go back to visit?
- Why does it always have to be ‘go back in time?’ I want to go forward to a time where a trip to the DMV doesn’t take 5 hours.
What’s your biggest fear? What’s the biggest fear you’ve ever faced?
- My biggest fear is spiders but the biggest fear that I’ve faced is probably Social Interaction (not including Xbox).
If you could bring back any fashion trend what would it be?
- I would bring back the wallet chain. Unfortunately, I was born too late to utilize this look and want to try it without too many weird looks.
If you were the only human being left on Earth, what would you do?
- If I was the only human being left on Earth, I would probably feel comfortable enough to try Karaoke then.
How would you spend one million dollars?
- I would spend my million on buying an Xbox One, and maybe a house.
What’s your go-to productivity trick and how did you come up with it?
- My go-to productivity trick is listening to gaming music (Halo 2 soundtrack). I’ve always found listening to music will help me stay attentive to my work and an old coworker gave me this suggestion.
What would a ‘perfect’ day look like for you
- My ‘perfect’ day would include me waking up around 10 am, drinking about a pot of coffee, then playing Xbox. Also, hanging out with my family and friends.
If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would the slogan be?
- My slogan would most likely be, ‘Welp, he tried.’
What is your most interesting/embarrassing office story?
- At our Office Christmas party last year, we played Monopoly Cheaters Edition. One of my coworkers and I decided to team up to beat the competition. This isn’t the funniest of stories, but more of a gloat to the real person putting this on the website (sorry Sam).
Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
- My favorite place to travel to is Chicago. It’s a fun place full of attractions and possibly the best pizza in the world.
You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
- I would have meetings in the same room as the elephant so that I could say things like: “Can we please address the elephant in the room?” When life gives you lemons, I like to make corny puns out of them.
If you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island, but all your human needs—such as food and water—were taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you?
- I would have an airplane and fuel.
How would you test an elevator?
- Probably with a number of multiple-choice questions with a one-page essay.
What’s the most awkward thing that happens to you on a regular basis? Explain.
- The most awkward thing I experience on a regular basis is when a server will say enjoy your food and then you say “Thanks, you too!”. Or when someone doesn’t follow the standard format of a conversation, so the first thing coming out of your mouth is, “I’m doing pretty good and how are you?” to their question of “Did it rain last night?”
Would you rather go 30 Days without your phone or your entire life without dessert? Why?
- I think I might be able to take the 30 days without my phone. I mean sure, the first 10 days I’d spend in my bed crying and not knowing what I need to do, but after that, I’d be fine.
What’s your favorite season? Why?
- I think my favorite season is probably the 5th season of Parks and Rec. Leslie and Ben finally get married and it’s just a solid overall season…. Also, Fall is a pretty season as well.
I think it’s safe to say, Alex is very sarcastic. We hope you are still enjoying reading this series. See you next month on our TENTH installment of MEET DCG!
Laura is a Partner Content Creator with a unique perspective and eye for creativity. She started with DCG in 2017 and has a total of 2 years of marketing experience. Some of her daily responsibilities include building webpages, producing and editing videos, engaging with other partners on social media, and publishing blogs. She loves using her skills and creativity to build company value while producing attention-grabbing content to share online.