So, you want to migrate from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central? Let us help you! Not all ERP migrations have to be painful. However, for every business, digital transformation is necessary to increase productivity in the workplace. Microsoft is continuously enhancing the capabilities and features of their software. Similarly, migrating from Dynamics GP on-premise to the cloud with Business Central can increase your workplace efficiency. You can also expand possibilities to optimize business processes, services, and operations. Throughout this article, I will do my best to remove your fear of the migration process because the task is worth it. Shall we continue?
Why Should I Migrate?
Do you want to take your business next level? Having a more modern and user-friendly interface will ensure an easier transition for your employees. A few key reasons of how the migration from Dynamics GP or Azure to Dynamics 365 Business Central can help you, are listed below.
1. Control your business processes anywhere you go. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central works with any computer, tablet, and phone with the same interface and access to all your critical data. This allows you to make decisions faster and accelerates your business even further.
2. Use built-in intelligence with Power BI to create powerful dashboards to gain a competitive advantage by optimizing your decision making. With this, you will obtain real-time insights across your organization. The modern design allows users to take advantage of the enhanced dashboards. It is more powerful than Dynamics GP.
3. Within Dynamics 365, your organization is always protected and secured with the Microsoft Cloud. Thus, reducing costs of maintenance with Microsoft managing the infrastructure. Business Central works as a hybrid cloud, so your data will always be uploaded to the cloud from on-premises to replicate and bring the cloud abilities to your business. (The transition to the cloud can be gradual.)
4. Boost your company’s efficiency when integrating with Office 365. With Dynamics 365 Business Central, you will obtain the cloud-based software. This will give you access to apps such as: SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, Yammer, Power BI, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. These tools will increase collaboration and optimize your workflow and processes.
5. Improve your update scheduling. Both Dynamics GP and Dynamics 365 Business Central have regular major updates every six months. However, for businesses that require a firmer change management – Dynamics 365 Business Central allow sandboxing options that can be used to enable testing and upgrade patching, on top of the regular Microsoft ones.
Help Us, Help You!
Overall, the migration process can seem like a significant undertaking. However, we hope you still want to consider it.
The right technology is a big part of the equation and having a partner with the right expertise is key. That’s where our team comes in. We are a one-stop-support team where you have access to a group of professionals that you can always contact for questions or issues . Our qualified team of Microsoft consultants, developers, data analysts, architects, and IT experts will provide you with all the resources you need for a quick and thorough migration. Contact us today!