It’s hard to believe in 2021 that some businesses still aren’t using the cloud and missing out on all the security, scalability, and stability it provides.
Are you one of them?
It’s not too late.
Dynamics GP — Microsoft’s perennially popular ERP software package for mid-market enterprises — is an incredible product. However, it’s nearly 30 years old and still uses Microsoft SQL Server to store all of its data as default.
There’s another problem.
As of October 2020, Microsoft no longer provides extended support for Dynamics GP 2010. That won’t affect all users, but it’s clear the company wants everyone to upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central — the much more advanced ERP platform out of the two.
Here’s why you should migrate from Dynamics GP to Business Central.
Dynamic Consultants Group (DCG) is the award-winning Microsoft Dynamics 365 partner for data-driven enterprises everywhere. DCG helps you migrate data from Dynamics GP to Business Central so you can cut costs, increase security, improve compliance, optimize data recovery, and much more. Schedule a Teams meeting now to learn more.
What is Microsoft Dynamics GP?
Dynamics GP is an ERP software package that dates back to 1993. Typically used by mid-market enterprises, the platform executes various business processes such as accounting, sales quoting, and basic human resources tasks through a single system.
While GP has proved effective for businesses over the years, many organizations have upgraded to other platforms such as Dynamics 365 Business Central. That’s because GP doesn’t execute functions like payroll and other critical business tasks. Plus, it doesn’t store data in the cloud, which could pose significant security risks. (GP stores data in SQL Server.)
Microsoft no longer offers extended support for some versions of the program (pre-2010). Again, that could increase security risks and make upgrading to Business Central a far more attractive solution for many organizations.
What is Microsoft 365 Business Central?
Business Central is a modern-day ERP solution that organizations use on-premise or in the public or private cloud. (All users get a choice, unlike those with GP.)
Business Central offers far more features, flexibility, customizations, and capabilities than GP:
- The platform uses artificial intelligence (AI) to automate many time-consuming ERP processes.
- These ERP processes include sales, marketing, warehouse management, service management, order processing, project management, and more.
- You can scale the platform as your business grows.
- Share data across teams.
- Integrate the platform with other products in the Microsoft ecosystem. (Get extensions from Microsoft AppSource.)
- Get valuable real-time insights into your EPR processes with CUSTOM reports and analytics.
- Choose a package based on your unique business requirements and budget. (Essential or Premium.)
Why Should You Upgrade to the Cloud?
One of the greatest benefits of Business Central is that it’s available as a cloud service, so you can:
- Increase server uptime.
- Reduce the costs associated with physical IT infrastructure.
- Scale resources.
- Enhance backup and disaster recovery.
- Benefit from better security.
- Not have to worry about maintaining physical hardware (that’s always a bonus!).
- Reduce your carbon footprint
Plus, the foundations of GP and Business Central are pretty similar, so you still get all the benefits from an ERP software package you know and love.
As of 2020, a whopping 93 percent of enterprises had a multi-cloud technology, so don’t get left behind.
Did you know you could boost scalability by 73 percent, reduce costs by 32 percent, and increase security four-fold when you migrate to Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Migrating from Dynamics GP to the cloud provides your organization with an incredible range of benefits. DCG helps you move your data to a virtual environment and reduce downtime during the process. Call 844-567-2590 to learn more.
Read more: Here’s why you should care about data migration. Learn more!
Why Should You Work With a Microsoft Dynamics Partner?
A Microsoft Dynamics partner like DCG takes care of the entire Business Central migration process so you can concentrate on other areas of your business. Migrating data to the cloud can be challenging, especially for a mid-market enterprise without a sizeable tech team. That’s why working with a migration and implementation specialist proves so valuable.
Here are some benefits of migrating from GP to Business Central with DCG:
- Reduce downtime.
- Cut costs associated with migration.
- Prevent data loss and data corruption.
- Improve data compliance with GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA, and other data governance frameworks — and prevent expensive penalties for non-adherence.
- Spend time on other tasks instead of data migration.
- Train your team on how to use the cloud.
Everything you need to know about upgrading from GP to the cloud: read more.
Dynamics GP has proved itself as a solid ERP platform for nearly 30 years, but ERP has come a long way since then. Don’t get left behind. Upgrading from GP to Business Central makes sense because you get all the security, scalability, and performance benefits of the cloud. Migrating to Business Central, however, can be a challenge. That’s why you need to work with a Microsoft Dynamics partner.
Want to migrate to the cloud? DCG is the Dynamics GP partner of choice for enterprises that want to improve security, reduce IT infrastructure, and mitigate the costs associated with physical servers. Migrate from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central and get more value from ERP workflows. Get a project assessment today!