Azure Web Apps
Create and deploy mission-critical web applications
Azure Web Apps
Web applications that scale with your business
Azure App Service is a service for hosting web applications, REST APIs, and mobile back ends. You can develop in your favorite language, be it .NET, .NET Core, Java, Ruby, Node.js, PHP, or Python. Applications run and scale with ease on both Windows and Linux-based environments. For Linux-based environments, see App Service on Linux.
This App Service not only adds the power of Microsoft Azure to your application, such as security, load balancing, autoscaling, and automated management. You can also take advantage of its DevOps capabilities, such as continuous deployment from Azure DevOps, GitHub, Docker Hub, and other sources, package management, staging environments, custom domain, and SSL certificates.
Jumpstart Your App Building
Get your web apps into users’ hands faster using .NET, Java, Node.js, PHP, and Python on Windows or .NET Core, Node.js, PHP or Ruby on Linux. Use a fully managed platform to perform OS patching, capacity provisioning, servers, and load balancing. Configure from CLI or the Azure portal, or use pre-built templates to achieve one-click deployment. These apps can also be hosted on a highly-secure cloud platform that complies with ISO information security standards, SOC2 accounting standards, and PCI security standards. Count on App Service to deliver on enterprise-level SLA.
Why Use App Service?
- Serverless code – Run a snippet or script on-demand without having to explicitly provision or manage infrastructure, and pay only for the compute time your code actually uses.
- DevOps optimization – Set up continuous integration and deployment, promote updates through test and staging environments. Manage your apps in App Service by using Azure PowerShell.
- Connections to SaaS platforms and on-premises data – Choose from more than 50 connectors for enterprise systems, SaaS services, and internet services.
Achieve Global Scale On Demand
Get high availability within and across Azure regions as you deploy data and host services across multiple locations with one mouse click. Automatically scale vertically and horizontally based on application performance or customizable rules to handle peaks in workload while minimizing costs during off-peak times. Meet the most rigorous app performance and scalability requirements with the newly introduced D-Series compute option.
Are you ready to get connected?
Azure Web Apps FAQs
The pricing tier of an App Service plan determines what App Service features you get and how much you pay for the plan. There are a few categories of pricing tiers:
- Shared compute: Free and Shared, the two based tiers, runs an app on the same Azure VM as other App Service apps, including apps of other customers. These tiers allocate CPU quotas to each app that runs on the shared resources, and the resources cannot scale out.
- Dedicated compute: The Basic, Standard, Premium, and PremiumV2 tiers run apps on dedicated Azure VMs. Only apps in the same App Service plan share the same compute resources.
- Isolated: This tier runs dedicated Azure VMs on dedicated Azure Virtual Networks. It provides network isolation on top of compute isolation to your apps. It provides the maximum scale-out capabilities.
Your App Service plan can be scaled up and down at any time. It is as simple as changing the pricing tier of the plan. You can choose a lower pricing tier at first and scale up later when you need more App Service features.
For information on scaling up the App Service plan, view this article.
Microsoft’s website provides all important Azure product updates, roadmap, and announcements. You can subscribe to notifications and stay informed, here.